Skills for Life Programme
Helping young people with Special Educational Needs prepare for adulthood and independent living.
What is the programme?
The Skills for Life programme is designed to support Young People with Special Educational Needs in preparing for independent living and adulthood. It focuses on key areas of independence including:
- Cooking and Nutrition
- Cleaning and Hygiene
- Washing and Other Domestic Chores
- Accessing Health and Social Care Services
- Managing Personal Relationships
- Accessing the Community and Travelling (Public Transport)
- Looking For and Accessing Work and Post 18 Education